If you want to maximize your chances of winning and use your bankroll in a strategic way to get an edge, then this article is for you. It’s time to get accustomed to positive and negative progressive betting systems that can improve your odds in blackjack, baccarat, roulette, poker, bingo, and even craps!
You need to keep in mind that there’s no bulletproof strategy that can help you win each round. Gambling is a game of chance, and no one can predict the outcome of a game. With that said, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t implement a few systems that prove lucrative on a bitcoin blackjack table. Now, let’s answer the most important question:
What is progressive betting in blackjack?
A progressive betting system is a mathematical strategy that expert players have been using for decades to improve their odds when playing any game at a bitcoin casino. The basis of a progressive betting strategy is using a mathematical pattern to determine what your next bet will be. Therefore, you start with a fixed pot and a fixed wager amount; depending on the outcome of your bets, you have to follow a specific betting pattern.
There are two types of progressive betting, positive (where you increase the next wager) and negative (where you decrease the next wager), depending on your previous bet.
But first, let’s talk about negative progressive blackjack betting:
How to win with negative progressive betting in blackjack?
There are two main things you need to remember when using this blackjack progressive betting strategy:
- Decrease bet amount when you win
- Increase bet amount when you lose
At first glance, it may seem counterintuitive to fall back on your wins every time. But short term, the negative progressive betting system works great and helps you recover losses quickly (as long as you win).
Let’s give you an example in blackjack:
- your initial wager is 1 mBTC
- you have 20 mBTC in total to play with
- If you bust three hands in a row:
- You’ll have a 7 mBTC loss (1 mBTC + 2 mBTC + 4 mBTC = 7 mBTC).
- That means you’re left with 13 mBTC, and your next bet should be 8 mBTC.
- If you bust three hands in a row:
- If this hand busts as well, you wipe out all your reserves.
- However, if you beat the dealer’s hand, then you win 16 mBTC, making your total balance 21 mBTC!
Now that you won, you should drop your stake to 4 mBTC, and so on for every win.
As you can probably notice by now, the problem with all negative betting systems is what happens when you hit an inevitable losing streak. The outcome could be that you’d burn through your reserves pretty fast trying to chase a win. That’s why it’s so important to know when to stop or, better yet, when to place a limit.
Here are a few examples of the most popular negative progressive strategies that you can use when playing blackjack or any other casino game:
The Martingale Betting Strategy
This is one of the most popular and best-known progressive strategies. It’s often used to improve odds in European Roulette, but you can use it in most casino games.
The Martingale system is very easy to understand and use. Here are the simple rules:
- double the wager each time you lose
- reset to the original bet when you win
Basically, you’re playing until you double your money. So if you bet 1 mBTC and you win, then you’ll receive 2 mBTC and make 1 mBTC profit in return!
This progressive negative system brings profits quickly when you’re lucky but could lead to big losses if you don’t know when to stop. Consequently, if you hit a losing streak, you can end up doubling your stake so many times, your ‘bet amount’ ends up more than the maximum bet limit allowed for outside bets.
Read more about the Martingale Strategy Roulette in Action.
This progressive negative system offers you a lot of flexibility and can help you win big. The Labouchere system is a bit complicated in the beginning, but we’re going to show you how to use it like a pro:
- Decide on the crypto amount you want to win.
- Divide this number into a sequence of smaller numbers.
- Add the leftmost and rightmost numbers and use the sum as your total bet.
- If you win, subtract the 2 numbers (left & right) you just used for the bet.Next, add the remaining left and rightmost numbers together and make the total of that sum your next bet.
- If you lose, add the amount you lost to the right of the sequence.
- Repeat the process until the sequence is repeated or you’ve reached your bet limit.
Although the Labouchere is a more complex system than the Martingale strategy, it can help you make a decent profit, and it’s safer and more flexible.
The downside is that you need a big budget and to pay close attention to your sequence.
The Fibonacci Betting Strategy
This negative progressive betting system is similar to the Labouchere in that you need to follow a sequence. However, unlike the Labouchere strategy, where you can decide your sequence and its numbers, the Fibonacci is based on the mathematical Fibonacci sequence.
Basically, you have to create a string of numbers where the first two are identical, and the following numbers must be the sum of the two preceding numbers in the string. Here’s an example for you if you want to begin your string with 1 mBTC bet: 1 mBTC, 1 mBTC, 2 mBTC, 3 mBTC, 5 mBTC, 8 mBTC, 13 mBTC, 21 mBTC, 34 mBTC, and 56 mBTC for the next ten bets. Once you have the sequence, this is what you need to do:
- If you lose, continue the string of bets as illustrated above.
- If you win, return two positions backward on the sequence and place the sum as the next bet.
If you feel a bit rusty using this strategy in the beginning, it’s normal. You can practice this negative progressive blackjack betting in a demo version. You can immediately switch to crypto when you’re ready to give it a go.
The best part about the Fibonacci betting system is that it’s one of the safest blackjack strategies out there. However, it can become a problem if you don’t know when to stop. It can also be complicated in the beginning, that’s why we recommend you practice it beforehand.
Read more about the Fibonacci Roulette Strategy.
The D’Alembert System
This negative progressive betting system is similar to the Martingale and the Reverse Martingale strategy:
- If you lose, you decrease your wager by 1 unit (instead of resetting to the initial bet like in the Martingale system)
- If you win, you double your wager (just like in the Reverse Martingale strategy)
Let’s see an example; let’s say you set a wager of 1 mBTC and win the first two rounds, meaning that you now have 4 mBTC. If you lose in the next round, you revert back to 3 mBTC. The safest way to use this strategy is to stop when you reach the 1:1 ratio. Usually, the process of winning can be slow but extremely satisfying on a lucky day.
If you’re a high roller, this strategy might not suit your needs since the process can be slow and won’t bring out big wins. However, it’s perfect for beginners and those who want to use a simple strategy.
Read more about the D’Alembert Roulette Strategy.
How to win with positive progressive betting in blackjack?
The positive progressive betting system is the exact opposite of negative progressive betting. That means that generally, you’ll have to do the following actions:
- Increase bet amount when you win
- Decrease bet amount when you lose
Basically, you’re taking advantage of your wins by betting bigger the next time and assuming you’ll hit bigger wins. At the same time, you’re thinking ahead and reduce the bet amount when you lose.
In a blackjack session, if you bet 1 mBTC on your hand and win, the next time, you will increase your bet and continue wagering with 2 mBTC, and so on. Once you lose, you’ll automatically decrease your wager amount.
As you can see by now, the positive progressive system uses your previous win for re-betting, which leaves your balance untouched.
There are several positive progressive betting systems that are similar:
The Paroli Betting Strategy
This positive progressive betting strategy works really well if you like to limit your bets. Here’s how it works:
- Select your minimum bet.
- If you win, double your bet.
- If you lose, or win 3 times in a row, return to the minimum bet.
For example, if your starting bet is 1 mBTC, and you win, you’re going to play the next round with a bet of 2 mBTC. If you lose, you’ll return your bet back to 1 mBTC. Moreover, if you have a lucky streak of three consecutive wins, then you’re going to go back to your initial bet of 1 mBTC. Doing this will ensure that you’re not risking your own money but rather the money that you’ve won.
This is the perfect strategy if you want to minimize your loss not only in blackjack but in other casino games as well.
Read more about the Paroli Roulette Strategy.
The Mendelchuck Betting Strategy
Also known as the 1-3-2-6 betting system, this positive progressive blackjack betting system can offer you a generous profit as long you run four good hands in a row. Here’s how it works if you win four hands in a row:
(1) You start by deciding on the amount of your unit, let’s say 1 mBTC.
(3) After you win, you’ll have 2 mBTC. Now you add another unit, and you have a total of 1 mBTC (unit) x 3 = 3 mBTC.
(2) You win again, and that means you now have 6 mBTC. In this round you’ll leave 2 units on the table = 2 mBTC.
(6) Winning again means that you’re going to bet 6 units = 6 mBTC.
If you win, you’ll remain with 12 mBTC, and that’s where you’re going to revert your betting to 1 unit = 1 mBTC.
As you can see, hitting a lucky streak means that you’re going to end up with 14 mBTC, out of which 12 mBTC is profit! All you need to do is make sure that you can bet 2 units since those are the only ones that come out of your pocket.
If you lose at whichever point in this system, you’ll have to revert your betting back to your first unit. After all, the goal is to make a profit, and even reaching the third step of the strategy can help you walk away with a little extra crypto. Once you get to the fourth step, you’re looking at a double or nothing.
The best part about the Mendelchuck strategy is that it’s easy to use once you understand it, and you can apply it to most casino games. Moreover, it presents little risk on your part since you can start your betting very low and play with mostly your profits.
The Reverse Labouchere
This is the positive progressive version of the original Labouchere betting system. The best part about it is that you have a high chance of making a big profit without risking wiping out your entire bankroll (in case of a long unlucky streak).
Here’s how it works:
- Decide on a sequence of numbers.
- Your wager must be the sum of the first and last number in the sequence.
- If you win, you add the wager to the end of the sequence.
- If you lose, remove the first and last numbers of the sequence.
- When you’re left with only one number in the sequence, use that one as your next wager.
- When the cycle is over, start with a new sequence.
So, for example, let’s assume that your sequence is 1-2-3-4. Then your first wager is going to be the first and the last number of the sequence, 1+4=5. If you win, you’ll add the 5 at the end of the sequence, so you’ll remain with the 1-2-3-4-5. Your next wager is going to be 1 + 5 = 6. If this time you lose, you’re going to cross out the first and the last number of the sequence, so 1 and 6. You’ll remain with the 2-3-4-5 sequence. Repeat this cycle until you’re out of numbers!
As you can see, this strategy is not that difficult; one thing you need to keep in mind is how big your bankroll is. There’s no need to attach big numbers to your sequence if you don’t have a big crypto balance. Also, you can practice this betting system in a demo version at mBitcasino. It’s the perfect way to make sure you’re ready to use it in a real crypto scenario.
- You should write the sequence down; it will be easier to follow the sequence and make the right bets.
- Set a win limit. Hitting a lucky streak can bring about a great profit while increasing your sequence, so make sure you limit yourself and walk away with a big prize.
- Your sequence should have between six to ten numbers, and the total of all numbers should be equal to or less than 10% of your bankroll.
The Contra D’Alembert System
The positive progressive betting version of the D’Alembert system is even easier to use and understand. The original D’alembert makes you double your stake for every win and decrease 1 unit for every busted hand. But when it comes to the Contra D’Alembert strategy, you have to:
- Choose a unit.
- If you win, you’ll add 1 unit to the next bet.
- If you lose, you’ll decrease 1 unit to the next bet.
That’s it! It’s that simple and can guarantee a pretty long table run if you choose an initial unit that’s between 2% and 5% of the amount you’re ready to lose during a gambling session.
So, for example, let’s say you choose your first unit to be 1 mBTC. Now, let’s assume you’re next two hands beat the dealers’. If that happens, then your next bet is going to be 4 mBTC. If your next hand is a bust, then you’ll go back to 3 mBTC and so on.
This is one of the simplest positive progressive blackjack betting systems, and you can enjoy it on one of mBitcasino’s bitcoin blackjack tables.
You can also play it on crypto baccarat, slots, or other casino games.
Where to play progressive betting strategies?
You can use any of the strategies explained above on all the bitcoin casino games available at mBitcasino. Moreover, you can rehearse the positive and negative progressive betting systems on both demo version or crypto. You can play using BTC, BCH, ETH, DOGE, LTC and USDT.
You can also check out our Blackjack Money Management Strategies and see how effective you are with your bankroll when playing your favorite casino games.